*Issue date: July 21, 2021
Topic: The 9th Asian Constitutional Law Forum postponed to May 13-14, 2022, and the call for papers extended to Nov. 1, 2021.
Dear friends and colleagues,
As noted in our initial announcement, the committee of the 9th Asian Constitutional Law Forum hopes to make our biennial meeting an occasion for our colleagues to meet in person. We also noted that, depending on the circumstances, the Forum may be postponed. In view of the current situation of the pandemic in Taiwan and in our region, it is now reasonably predictable that the border control of Taiwan and our neighbor countries will not substantially loosen toward December this year. Therefore, we have decided that
1) The Forum will be postponed to May 13-14, 2022.
2) The call for papers will be extended to November 1st, 2021.
Please also note the following:
1) There will be NO further postponement. Even if by May 2022, the international travel remains impeded, the Forum will be held nevertheless by going ONLINE.
2) There will be NO further extension of the call for papers beyond November 1st, 2021.
3) Those potential participants who submitted their paper or panel abstracts by the original deadline, July 20th, 2021, will receive notification letters in early August. Those who submitted after July 20th, 2021 will receive notification letters in November.
* Issue date: April 15, 2021
Topic: Potential postponement due to the pandemic to be decided in early September
Due to the international travel barrier caused by the pandemic, our scholarly community has not been able to meet in person for a prolonged period of time. It is hence the wish of conference committee that the 9th Forum offer an opportunity for in-person gathering of at least a substantial number of international participants. While we expect that the form of the Forum will be hybrid, including both in-person and virtual panels, the committee has decided that if, by late August or early September, the circumstances show that a substantial in-person gathering will not be feasible, we will decide whether to postpone the 9th Forum until May 2022 or later. The decision will be announced to all accepted participants in early September.